Paper 48 The Morontia Life Page 557
15. Affectation is the ridiculous effort of the ignorant to appear wise, the attempt of the barren soul to appear rich.
16. You cannot perceive spiritual truth until you feelingly experience it, and many truths are not really felt except in adversity.
17. Ambition is dangerous until it is fully socialized. You have not truly acquired any virtue until your acts make you worthy of it.
18. Impatience is a spirit poison; anger is like a stone hurled into a hornet's nest.
19. Anxiety must be abandoned. The disappointments hardest to bear are those which never come.
20. Only a poet can discern poetry in the commonplace prose of routine existence.
21. The high mission of any art is, by its illusions, to foreshadow a higher universe reality, to crystallize the emotions of time into the thought of eternity.
22. The evolving soul is not made divine by what it does, but by what it strives to do.
23. Death added nothing to the intellectual possession or to the spiritual endowment, but it did add to the experiential status the consciousness of survival.
24. The destiny of eternity is determined moment by moment by the achievements of the day by day living. The acts of today are the destiny of tomorrow.
25. Greatness lies not so much in possessing strength as in making a wise and divine use of such strength.
27. Progress demands development of individuality; mediocrity seeks perpetuation in standardization.
28. The argumentative defense of any proposition is inversely proportional to the truth contained.
Such is the work of the beginners on the first mansion world while the more advanced pupils on the later worlds are mastering the higher levels of cosmic insight and morontia mota.
8. THE MORONTIA PROGRESSORS
From the time of graduation from the mansion worlds to the attainment of spirit status in the superuniverse career, ascending mortals are denominated morontia progressors. Your passage through this wonderful borderland life will be an unforgettable experience, a charming memory. It is the evolutionary portal to spirit life and the eventual attainment of creature perfection by which ascenders achieve the goal of time—the finding of God on Paradise.
There is a definite and divine purpose in all this morontia and subsequent spirit scheme of mortal progression, this elaborate universe training school for ascending creatures. It is the design of the Creators to afford the creatures of time a graduated opportunity to master the details of the operation and administration